Fake it until you make it when pursuing professions and exploring intrapreneurism. Do the hustle—from watering plants to managing millions of dollars.
Today’s guest is Joe Malcoun, CEO of Nutshell, a sales automation customer relationship management (CRM) platform. Also, Joe is the co-founder of Cahoots coworking space, founder and president at CKM Capital Partners, and co-owner of the Blind Pig music venue.
- 2:50 Path to Success: Pre-entrepreneurial part and experiences of Joe’s early career.
- 4:25 Entrepreneur vs. Intrapreneur: What’s the difference? Move the needle from within.
- 8:20 Right the Wrongs: Fake it till you make it, when possible to deliver substance.
- 12:16 Joe had the job that people wanted. But he wanted to be confident and in control.
- 15:19 Who do you want to work with? Seeking partners to learn from and get deals.
- 16:51 Firing Customers Concept: Abuse, harassment, and language not acceptable.
- 21:18 Big Fish, Small Pond: Career suicide to move back to Ann Arbor, Michigan?
- 23:54 Motivation: Make an impact and hold yourself accountable in the community.
- 30:33 Too busy? Joe can’t do it all, not enough resources, but willing to offer support.
- 33:20 Just Say No: Focus and find discipline to filter responsibilities at front and center.
- 35:55 Educational Mistakes: Get good at hiring good people to build a strong team.
- 38:02 Win or Lose: Preach self-awareness to accomplish what you want to accomplish.
- 40:58 Signs of Burnout: Feeling anxious, irritable, disengaged, and recurring dreams.
- 44:15 Positive Reputation: Joe earns success earnestly from those in his community.
- 45:50 Self-Doubt: You’ll make mistakes. How do you handle them? Own and fix them.
- 49:21 Easiest and Hardest Parts: Celebrate small wins, focus, and hire great people.
- 51:45 Sleep, See Kids, Go to Work, Free Time: Non-negotiable parts of Joe’s day.
- 53:03 Life’s Plans: Fortunate in many ways; surprised to be CEO of tech company.
Links and Resources:
Call us! 734.219.3827